BDC Agent / Representative
Santa Margarita Auto Group is currently seeking a full-time BDC Representative for our expanding dealership group! This is the perfect entry level position for individuals looking to get a foot in the door in the automotive industry and learn how sell yourself, your organization, and your product!
We're looking for exciting people to join our team who are (above all): honest, hardworking, positive, and fun to be around. While prior retail and customer service experience is a plus, we're really looking for people who want to learn and commit to a long term career. Many of our employees have been with the company 10+ years --- and don’t worry, we will train you! It really is a lot of fun!
While our organization continues to grow, we are at the heart of all that we do, a family organization. Our “mom and pop” approach gives us several advantages and really sets us apart from today’s corporate climate. Our organization is known for honest and fair dealings, quality service, and long term community-based relationships with employees, customers, and vendors.
We are a progressive organization that offer much more to our team members than other companies. What makes Santa Margarita Auto Group different from other companies?
- Commitment to Integrity – We've won various manufacturer awards including Ford Motor Company’s highest honor, the President's Award, 11 times in the last 15 years!
- Professional and Innovative Approach – We strive to lead our industry in new ways to sell and service vehicles! And we’re not afraid to try something new.
- Employee Involvement – No one can do it by themselves. We work hard at working together to reach higher levels of success than could be achieved individually. We value everyone’s opinion regardless of job position. Cross departmental teams help cultivate a thriving environment with ample career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive and Lucrative Compensation – Your performance, work ethic, and attitude determines your success!
- Ongoing Training – We make available all types of personal and professional training resources because it’s only reasonable that we train before we ask you to sell a vehicle!
- Customer Service is our way of life!
- Community Involvement – Since 1951, our business has been to make our community a better place to live and work. Through charitable contributions, special events and fundraisers, and direct involvement in schools, hospitals, and businesses, Santa Margarita Auto Group believes that investing in our communities is simply the right thing to do.
- Primary duties include (any combination of the following): (i) making outbound phone calls, (ii) receiving inbound call center phone calls, (iii) setting sales and service appointments, (iv) following due-bills, SOP requests and accessory sales, (v) service reminders, (vi) review and survey follow-up, (vii) customer service/prospect follow-up, (viii) responding to internet leads, (ix) managing lease return/retention process, (x) marketing, (xi) coordinating social media (xii) service shuttle coordination, (xiii) booking, (xiv) orphan owner management, and (xv) service drive appraisal and warranty sales process.
- BDC Rep follows through on commitments made to customers.
- Establish and maintain good working relations within dealership departments to reduce conflict and maximize dealer profitability to promote seamless transition of customer relationship to sales and service departments.
- Complete and keep up to date all necessary dealership, manufacturer, and state mandated training. Establish and enforce product knowledge standards. Maintain required certifications and licensing for the position.
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, state, and local regulations that affect vehicle sales and servicing.
- Following all company policies and procedures. Demonstrating behaviors consistent with Santa Margarita Auto Group values in all interactions with customers, employees and vendors.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: While no experience is necessary, an ideal candidate will be dependable, professional, and have a positive, can-do attitude. Other requirements include:
- 18 years of age or older.
- General familiarity with a variety of automobiles.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Must be willing to work as part of a team.
- Must have basic computer and phone skills.
- Growth opportunities
- Fast paced work environment
- Medical & dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Vehicle purchase plan
SALARY: $12.00 - $15.00 /hour
Equal Opportunity Employer