Santa Margarita Auto Group is currently seeking a full-time Service Advisor for our expanding dealership group! This is the perfect entry level position for individuals looking to get a foot in the door in the automotive industry and learn how sell yourself, your organization, and your product!
We're looking for exciting people to join our team who are (above all): honest, hardworking, positive, and fun to be around. While prior retail and customer service experience is a plus, we're really looking for people who want to learn and commit to a long term career. Many of our employees have been with the company 10+ years --- and don’t worry, we will train you! It really is a lot of fun!
While our organization continues to grow, we are at the heart of all that we do, a family organization. Our “mom and pop” approach gives us several advantages and really sets us apart from today’s corporate climate. Our organization is known for honest and fair dealings, quality service, and long term community-based relationships with employees, customers, and vendors.
We are a progressive organization that offer much more to our team members than other companies. What makes Santa Margarita Auto Group different from other companies?
- Commitment to Integrity – We've won various manufacturer awards including Ford Motor Company’s highest honor, the President's Award, 11 times in the last 15 years!
- Professional and Innovative Approach – We strive to lead our industry in new ways to sell and service vehicles! And we’re not afraid to try something new.
- Employee Involvement – No one can do it by themselves. We work hard at working together to reach higher levels of success than could be achieved individually. We value everyone’s opinion regardless of job position. Cross departmental teams help cultivate a thriving environment with ample career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive and Lucrative Compensation – Your performance, work ethic, and attitude determines your success!
- Ongoing Training – We make available all types of personal and professional training resources because it’s only reasonable that we train before we ask you to sell a vehicle!
- Customer Service is our way of life!
- Community Involvement – Since 1951, our business has been to make our community a better place to live and work. Through charitable contributions, special events and fundraisers, and direct involvement in schools, hospitals, and businesses, Santa Margarita Auto Group believes that investing in our communities is simply the right thing to do.
- Greet all customers promptly; provide timely professional service.
- Provide excellent customer service by listening to customer inquiries and requests, asking questions to identify service needs, resolving customer concerns, and selling additional services when appropriate.
- Ensure customers receive the best customer experience possible. Customer Satisfaction Indexes should be consistently among best in class (sustained below average Customer Satisfaction Indexes are grounds for termination).
- Maintain manufacturer customer satisfaction and training requirements. Continually learn about product updates, features, accessories, inventory and their benefits to the customer.
- Estimate cost and completion time/settle customer accounts. Eliminate surprises for customer by reviewing service repairs and their associated charges to ensure accuracy.
- Obtain the customer’s written approval on all repair orders at the time of the write-up or when closing additional add-on sales. Review root cause and corrective repair action with the customer during vehicle delivery.
- Coordinate activities to ensure repair work is fixed right the first time and completed on time.
- Communicate effectively (and as promised) with customer about status of work.
- Answer incoming telephone calls promptly, courteously, and makes every effort to satisfy the caller’s inquiry.
- Accurately document any repair order changes. Inspect every finished repair order for proper completion, pricing accuracy, and legibility.
- Follow up with the customer to ensure complete customer satisfaction. Promptly address and resolve follow-up issues.
- Maintain friendly, courteous relationships that encourage repeat business. Identify repeat customers and treats them accordingly.
- Contact customers to remind them of service appointments and/or when scheduled maintenance is due. Consult customers on needed scheduled maintenance repairs.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and safety standards. Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Santa Margarita Auto Group values in all interactions with customers, employees and vendors.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: While no experience is necessary, an ideal candidate will be dependable, professional, and have a positive, can-do attitude. Other requirements include:
- 18 years of age or older.
- General familiarity with a variety of automobiles.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Must be willing to work as part of a team.
- Must have basic computer and phone skills.
- Growth opportunities
- Fast paced work environment
- Medical & dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Vehicle purchase plan
SALARY: $12.00 /hour plus commission
Equal Opportunity Employer